THINGS PEOPLE LOVE SO MUCH, IT’S A RED FLAG IF SOMEONE HATES THEM
There are just some things that most people love so much, it’s weird to hear someone say they hate it. BuzzFeed asked their readers to share what universally beloved thing would be an instant red flag if someone said they hated it.
The answers are a surprising mix of things, including:
- "Hugh Jackman — he can sing, dance, play an action hero, and one of the nicest, down to earth guys in showbiz; love him."
- "I get not liking the lines or the crowds at the theme parks or hating a specific movie, but I don’t trust people who can’t find at least a little bit of joy in Disney, Marvel, or ‘Star Wars.’"
- "Betty White. She was absolutely beloved."
- "The Beatles. Really? You hate ALL their songs???"
- "Keanu Reeves. He is a national treasure of a human being."
- "The Muppets. Literally, they're just pure joy."
- "Mister Rogers. I just think anyone who doesn’t like him or ‘Mister Rogers’ Neighborhood’ is an unkind person."
- "‘Toy Story movies’. You gotta like at least one of them, and if you don't, you're probably dead inside."
- "Unless you have a dietary reason you can't eat it, my red flag would have to be pizza."
- "One of my ex friends always said she didn’t like ice cream. Emphasis on the EX friend — total red flag looking back now."
- "Going on vacation. If someone doesn't like taking some time off, even if it's just for a stay-cation, then I seriously question them."
- "Animation in general. Obviously, you won't like everything, but anyone who just 'doesn't like cartoons' gets a big NOPE from me."
- "Tom Hanks or Bob Ross. Never heard someone say a bad thing about them, and I hope not to."
- "Music. There is just no way you can say you hate all music!!!"
- "Not liking the outdoors. I get not loving bugs or all types of weather, but when someone says 'I hate nature,' I just want to get as far away from them as possible."
- "The movie ‘Titanic.’ If it doesn’t reduce you to a blubbering mess of goo by the end, you’re dead inside."
- "Animals, in general, but specifically dogs and cats."
- And lastly: "Hmmm, nobody mentioned Dolly Parton, so I’ll add that one to the list."
- Who are these people who don’t like going on vacation?
- What much-loved thing do you consider an automatic red flag if someone says they don’t like it?
- What’s something that everyone else in the world seems to like except you? Do you openly admit you don’t like it, or keep it to yourself to not raise suspicion?