We’ve all seen movies and TV shows where the main characters seem to fall in love at first sight, but does that really happen in real life? Well, a new poll questioned just that.
- A survey by adult products company Aam & Eve polled customers on the subject of love at first sight and the results were interesting.
- 40% of those surveyed said yes, they have fallen at love at first sight.
- Interestingly, in a similar poll conducted in 2011, that number was as high as 71%.
- 47% of people insist they have never fallen in love at first sight, up from 22% in 2011.
- 13% of folks say they are unsure about love at first sight, up from 8% % in 2011.
"The sense of falling in love at first sight tends to be a trance-like state where we see ourselves in the other," Dr. Jenni Skyler, resident sexologist at Adam & Eve, explains. "It's a huge hit of dopamine and adrenaline, which can feel super enticing, even if it ultimately doesn't manifest in long-term intimacy. My guess is that these numbers reflect the decline in overall optimism our culture is experiencing."
Source: Yahoo Finance
- Yeah, movies make it look so easy…
- Do you believe in love at first sight? Have you fallen in love at first sight? Did it last?
- Did you and your partner fall in love at first sight? What was it about them that made you know?