Last night, the 57th annual CMA Awards were held at the Bridgestone Arena in Nashville and broadcast live on ABC. It was a night jam-packed with music, tributes and one-time collaborations - with some coveted awards thrown in for good measure. Lainey Wilson was the big winner on the evening, with five awards in all, including three big ones: Album of the Year, Female Vocalist of the Year and Entertainer of the Year. Check out our complete rundown of the night's moments below, as well as the complete list of CMA Award winners:
- Before the show even started, Lainey Wilson and HARDY were named CMA Award winners earlier in the day. Announced yesterday morning on ABC’s "Good Morning America," the pair earned two trophies: CMA Musical Event of the Year and CMA Music Video of the Year. Both wins are for their duet “wait in the truck.”
- The festivities kicked off with Jelly Roll launching into "Need A Favor" backed by a gospel choir and joined on the second verse by country legend Wynonna as she walked in from the side of the stage.
- Hosts Peyton Manning and Luke Bryan followed, making a few Taylor Swift/Travis Kelce jokes before scanning the crowd to call out celebs like Chris Stapleton, Morgan Wallen and Lainey Wilson.
- The first award of the night was for Single of the Year, and your winner: LUKE COMBS for "Fast Car." Luke started off by thanking songwriter Tracy Chapman
- Sara Evans and Bill Anderson came out to present the award for Song of the Year. Winner: Tracy Chapman for "Fast Car"
- Craig Morgan then introduced Luke Bryan, who performed a medley of "Huntin', Fishin And Lovin' Everyday/One Margarita/That's My Kind Of Night/Play It Again/Country Girl Shake It For Me"
- Ashley McBryde performed "Light On In The Kitchen"
- Cody Johnson followed with a performance of his new single, "The Painter"
- Next award - Vocal Duo of the Year. And your winner: Brothers Osborne (their sixth CMA in this category)
- Morgan Wallen and Eric Church then performed "Man Made A Bar"
- Luke Combs performed his new single, "Where The Wild Things Are"
- Chris Stapleton followed with a live performance of "White Horse"
- Jordan Davis then performed "Next Thing You Know"
- Next award: Vocal Group Of The Year. And the winner is...Old Dominion (their sixth win in the category)
- Lainey Wilson performed "Wildflowers And Wild Horses"
- Dan + Shay earned a standing "O" for their performance of "Save Me The Trouble"
- Kelsea Ballerini then took the stage to perform "Leave Me Again"
- The War and Treaty performed a soulful version of "That's How Love Is Made"
- Next award - "New Artist Of The Year" And the winner is...Jelly Roll, and if he didn't have a huge career in music, he could have definitely earned a good living from the pulpit, as his "thank you" speech almost turned into a fire-and-brimstone sermon about believing in oneself
- Up next, a tribute to Jimmy Buffett featuring Kenny Chesney and Mac MacAnally singing "A Pirate Looks At Forty." Alan Jackson and Zac Brown followed with "Margaritaville"
- Old Dominion and Megan Moroney performed "Can't Break Up Now"
- The CMA Award for Album Of The Year goes to Lainey Wilson
- Carly Pearce and Chris Stapleton performed their song "We Don't Fight Anymore"
- The Female Vocalist Of The Year award went to Lainey Wilson (second win in this category)
- HARDY and Morgan Wallen performed Joe Diffie's "John Deere Green," then Post Malone joined them for Diffie's "Pickup Man"
- Little Big Town performed the first stanza of Tanya Tucker's "Delta Dawn" - before stopping down to give a brief history of the Country Music Hall Of Famer - then Tanya herself joined them for the rest of the song
- The award for Male Vocalist Of The Year went to...Chris Stapleton (his seventh win in this category)
- The CMA Award for Entertainer of the Year goes to...Lainey Wilson
- The show closed out with Jelly Roll and K. Michelle singing The Judds classic "Love Can Build A Bridge"
And here is your list of the evening's winners:
Entertainer of the Year
WINNER: Lainey Wilson
Male Vocalist of the Year
WINNER: Chris Stapleton
Female Vocalist of the Year
WINNER: Lainey Wilson
Vocal Group of the Year
Little Big Town
WINNER: Old Dominion
Zac Brown Band
Vocal Duo of the Year
Brooks & Dunn
WINNER: Brothers Osborne
Dan + Shay
Maddie & Tae
The War And Treaty
New Artist of the Year
WINNER: Jelly Roll
Album of the Year (Award goes to Artist, Producers and Mix Engineers)
Ashley McBryde Presents: Lindeville, Ashley McBryde, John Osborne, John Peets, Gena Johnson
WINNER: Bell Bottom Country, Lainey Wilson, Jay Joyce, Jason Hall
Gettin' Old, Luke Combs Chip Matthews, Jonathan Singleton, Michael H. Brauer, Jim Cooley,
One Thing At A Time, Morgan Wallen, Jacob Durrett, Charlie Handsome, Joey Moi, Cameron Montgomery, Josh Ditty, Eivind Nordland
Rolling Up the Welcome Mat, Kelsea Ballerini, Alysa Vanderheym, Dan Grech-Marguerat
Single of the Year (Award goes to Artist, Producers and Mix Engineers)
WINNER: "Fast Car," Luke Combs, Chip Matthews, Jonathan Singleton
"Heart Like A Truck," Lainey Wilson, Jay Joyce, Jason Hall
"Need A Favor," Jelly Roll, Austin Nivarel, Jeff Braun
"Next Thing You Know," Jordan Davis, Paul DiGiovanni, Jim Cooley
"wait in the truck," HARDY (feat. Lainey Wilson), Joey Moi, Jordan Schmidt, Derek Wells
Song of the Year (Award goes to Artist, Producers and Mix Engineers)
WINNER: "Fast Car," Tracy Chapman
"Heart Like A Truck," Trannie Anderson, Dallas Wilson, Lainey Wilson
"Next Thing You Know," Jordan Davis, Greylan James, Chase McGill, Josh Osborne
"Tennessee Orange," David Fanning, Paul Jenkins, Megan Moroney, Ben Williams
"wait in the truck," Renee Blair, Michael Hardy, Hunter Phelps, Jordan Schmidt
Music Video of the Year
"Light On In The Kitchen," Ashley McBryde & director Reid Long
"Memory Lane," Old Dominion & directors Mason Allen, Nicki Fletcher
"Need A Favor," Jelly Roll & director Patrick Tohill
"Next Thing You Know," Jordan Davis & director Running Bear
WINNER: "wait in the truck," HARDY (feat. Lainey Wilson) & director Justin Clough
Musician of the Year
WINNER: Jenee Fleenor
Musical Event of the Year (Award goes to Artists and Producers)
"Save Me," Jelly Roll (with Lainey Wilson), Zach Crowell, David Ray Stevens
"She Had Me At Heads Carolina (Remix)," Cole Swindell & Jo Dee Messina, Zach Crowell
"Thank God," Kane Brown (with Katelyn Brown), Dann Huff
WINNER: "wait in the truck," HARDY (feat. Lainey Wilson), Joey Moi, Jordan Schmidt, Derek Wells
"We Don't Fight Anymore," Carly Pearce (featuring Chris Stapleton, Shane McAnally, Josh Osborne
Source: CMA Awards