Official Contest Rules
- The “The Sounds of Summer Contest” (“Contest”) is open to any legal resident of the United States, eighteen (18) years-of-age or older, who resides in the KHCM-FM broadcast listening area. Employees, officers, directors, agents, representatives, and immediate family and household members of Salem Media of Hawaii, Inc., licensee of KHCM-FM (“Radio Station”), its parent company, its parent’s affiliated companies, its advertising and promotion agencies and anyone who has won a prize from Radio Station in the last thirty (30) days are not eligible to participate in the Contest.
- There will be up to twenty-nine (29) Prize winners. The Contest will be conducted on weekdays from Monday, June 21, 2021 through Friday, July 30, 2021, excluding, Monday, July 5, 2021 in observance of Independence Day (the “Contest Period”) between the hours of 8:25 a.m. HST and 8:40 a.m. HST each day (the “Contest Hours”). Up to one (1) Prize winner may be selected on each day of the Contest Period. During the Contest Hours, Radio Station will air a “Secret Sound” sounder. The first person to call Radio Station at 877-296-9750 during the Contest Hours when the “Secret Sound” sounder is aired will have one chance to correctly guess what the “Secret Sound” is . The winner will be notified at the time of calling Radio Station if he or she is the winner. Only one caller will be taken per day during the Contest Period. If the caller does not guess the “Secret Sound” correctly on a given day, there will be no winner for that day. Winner may have to complete an affidavit of eligibility and liability and, where lawful, publicity release. If Radio Station does not receive the affidavit and release within thirty (30) days after notification that the Prize is ready for pickup, the Prize may be forfeited, and an alternate winner may be selected. Except where prohibited by law, by signing the affidavit and release, the winner grants permission to the use of his/her/its name, likeness, picture, portrait, hometown, service mark, voice, biographical/other information, and statements for advertising and promotional purposes for this and other promotions by Radio Station without any additional compensation. The Prize Winner will be notified via phone and/or e-mail that prize is ready for pick up. It may take up to three (3) weeks for check to be made.
- There are up to twenty-nine (29) Prizes. Each Prize consists of a cash sum of at least $97.50. Collectively, there is a total of up to $2,827.50 in cash to be distributed amongst winners. The prize amount for the Prize Winner is based on a rolling amount “Prize Pot”. On day 1 of the Contest Period the Prize Pot is $97.50 (“Base Pot”). If there is no winner, the prize rolls over to the next weekday and $9.75 will be added to the Prize Pot until there is a winner on a given day. The Secret Sound will remain the same until there is a winner on a given day. If there is a winner, a new Secret Sound will be announced and the Prize Pot will reset to the Base Pot of $97.50 the next weekday and will begin accruing each weekday thereafter. This will continue until the end of the Contest Period. No transfer, substitution or cash equivalent will be given for the Prize, provided however, Radio Station may, at its sole discretion, substitute a prize of equal or greater value.
- Members of the 97.5 Country Club “Loyalty Club” on 975country.com (“Station Website”) can login to hear the Secret Sound again. Members will also have the ability to see past incorrect guesses of the Secrete Sound. Anyone who is not already a member may sign up to become one at Station Website at any time.
- By participating in the Contest, each entrant agrees to abide by and be bound by all of these Official Contest Rules and the decisions of General Manager of Radio Station ("Contest Judge"). All decisions regarding the Contest including, but not limited to, selecting the winner, will be made by the Contest Judge, whose decisions shall be final. The Contest Judge may prohibit an entrant from participating in this Contest, in his/her sole discretion, if, in the opinion of the Contest Judge, the entrant fails to abide by these rules, or otherwise acts (i) in a non-professional or inappropriate manner, (ii) with an intent to annoy, abuse, threaten, or harass any other entrant or Radio Station, its parent company, its parent’s affiliated companies or its advertising and promotion agencies, or (iii) in any other disruptive manner. The winners are solely responsible for all applicable federal, state, and local taxes, and may be required to complete a W-9 taxpayer identification form. All federal, state, and local laws apply. Void where prohibited. By participating in the Contest, each entrant agrees to release and hold Radio Station, its parent companies and its parent’s affiliated companies harmless from any and all losses, damages, rights, claims, and actions of any kind in connection with the Contest or resulting from acceptance, possession, or use of any prize, including, without limitation, personal injuries, death, and property damage, and claims based on any libel, slander, illegal competition or trade practice, violation of rights of privacy, infringement of copyrights or other rights of third parties.
- To find out the winners of the Contest, send your e-mail request to [email protected] upon the conclusion of the Contest.