As if those sudden, unexplainable aches ad pains you feel each morning isn’t already a sign that you’re getting old, apparently some of the every day things you do are a sure tip off to some that you are part of an older generation.
- The UK energy retailer Love Energy Savings polled a group of Millenials to find out what are some of the clear signs that a person is old and some of the results may shock you.
- Apparently, if you have cash in your wallet you are ancient;
- 28% of people say that using cash is one of the biggest signs that you’re old.
- Another dead give away? - Putting a hankie up your sleeve, which another 28% see as a sign of old age.
- Other top signs someone is old include:
- Getting bills through the mail (25%)
- Having fancy cutlery for special occasions (24%)
- Writing lists with pen and paper (23%)
- Smoking (23%)
- Describing a tune as ‘banging’ (22%)
- Calling for a taxi instead of using an app (22%)
- Watching actual TV (20%)
- Still being on Facebook (18%)
- Reading books (18%)
- Talking on the phone (15%)
- Wearing skinny jeans (14%)
- Using a camera (13%)
- Dating in real life (12%)
- Not having pronouns in your Instagram bio (11%)
- Eating Dairy (9%)
Source: The Mail
- If using cash makes me old, than I’m totally okay with that…
- Do you agree that things on this list are an instant give away that someone is old?
- What do you think is an instant give away that someone’s old? What do you think are telltale signs that someone is a Millennial or Gen Z?