Subtle Signs Someone Isn’t A Good Person
How good are you at judging someone’s character? Whether it’s when you’ve just met someone new, or you’re re-evaluating someone you thought you knew, we’ve all found ourselves trying to figure out, “Are they a good person?” But how do you know? A Reddit thread digs into this topic by asking, “What is a subtle sign someone isn’t a good person?”
More than 16-thousand people are sharing their insights and these could come in handy someday:
- "They tell small lies — the kind you might pick up on and not mention, because it’s not anything big, but when added up, they can completely change the context of a situation."
- "They are very concerned with making sure you know they're a good person."
- "They tell you things about their other ‘friends’ that they should keep between them. It also means they’re telling your business to someone else."
- "Talking about how all their friends left them or that they were kicked out of multiple friend groups. It keeps happening for a reason."
- "How they treat the person serving them at dinner."
- "They cut in line."
- "They disregard you often."
- "You see them mistreat others. If you see this, know that it will eventually be your turn to be on the receiving end."
- “Listening to smart phone audio in public without headphones.”
- "They always assume the worst motivations of anyone"
- "If they say sh*t like, 'Sometimes, I wonder if I'm a bad person, but then, I realize that a bad person would never question if they were bad, so I must be a good person!'"
- "Being dishonest in small party games or board games."
- "When they use religion as a reason to put other people down."
- "Anything you say to them can and will be used against you, but subtly."
- "Every time you interact with them, you feel worse than before."
- Subtle signs also include not returning shopping carts to the proper spot and throwing litter out of the car window.
- What do you consider small indications that someone isn’t a good person?
- What about people who don’t like animals or don’t say thank you when you do something nice for them? Are they low-key bad people?