If you’ve ever dropped a kid off at a school car line and felt your blood boil at just how long it took, you’re going to love this. The PTA of the Mountain View School in Waddel, Arizona, took a humorous approach to the issue after getting complaints from parents about the slow-moving line.
“Our school had quite a bit of growth this year and we started having a big problem with parents wanting to sit in the drop-off line until our gates open,” PTA president Kira Provo explains. This blocked traffic from getting into the parking lot, so parents complained to the PTA. And the parent-teacher group decided “it would be funny to create celebrity-inspired signs,” Provo says.
The result? Hilarious signs with messages from 90s songs and a show parents love.
- There’s one with a photo of *NSYNC with the message, “Tell the kids bye, bye, bye”
- One with TLC that reads, “Don’t go blocking drop-off lines”
- Another sign shows that famous couch-moving scene on “Friends” with Ross shouting, “Pivot! Out of the drop-off line!”
- MC Hammer appears on one sign that reads, “Can’t park here”
- And another features Ryan Gosling with the message , “Hey girl, move your car all the way up”
Provo says the signs have only been up for a few days, but they’re already helping with the traffic congestion.
Source: Fox News
- Well played, PTA!
- Anything that brings a smile or laugh to the car line debacle is an improvement!
- How can we get these at all schools? My kids’ school needs them, how about yours?