There are few things better than having time off work to go on vacation, and it seems folks will do just about anything to get it.
A new poll finds:
- 70% of Americans say they would do pretty much anything to get a two week vacation.
- Things they are willing to endure include:
Take a bath in ice cold water (45%)
- Work on every weekend for a year (43%)
- Give up celebrating holidays for a year (38%)
- Take a 10% cut to my pay (37%)
- Give up my favorite food (36%)
- Give up a dream parking spot (34%)
- Cancel Netflix/streaming service forever (30%)
- Give up social media for a year (27%)
- Have your worst selfie published online (17%)
Of course the fun of vacation is getting to do things you wouldn’t normally do at home.
- 57% of folks say they indulge in more exotic foods while on vacation than they would at home.
- 54% admit they spend more money.
- 53% say they laugh a lot more.
- 64% say they will spend more money on alcohol than any other time in their life.
- Among the most popular vacation drinks:
- Moscow mules (32%)
- Tequila sunrises (28%)
- Daiquiris (15%)
Source: SWNS Digital
- Only 17% would post a bad selfie for a vacation? That would be the first thing I’d be willing to do..
- What would you be willing to give up or endure for a two-week vacation? When was the last time you took two weeks off?
- What are your favorite things about vacation? Do you drink more than usual? What is your go-to vacation drink?