Do you prefer your toast or Brussels sprouts with a little char on them? You’re definitely not alone, according to a new Reddit post. It asks “What tastes better a little burnt?” And those six words inspired more than 19-thousand responses, with users chiming in about their favorite foods they prefer on the burned side.
From meat to veggies to quesadillas, these are some of the top responses:
- “Roasted carrots. Make them just a bit black on the edges and they’re so f---ing good.”
- “Non-crispy pepperoni is about a 4 on a scale from one to 10 in my book, but burn the edges a little and it goes straight to 10.”
- “The only good broccoli is crispy broccoli. Anyone else like the tiny, burnt florets at the bottom of the sheet pan?”
- “You cannot claim to have the best BBQ if you don't have burnt ends.”
- “Slightly burnt hotdogs.”
- “I don't know how is cheese not first on this list”
- “I don’t know about better, but those potato chips with the slightly overcooked brown edges. I'd buy a bag of those.”
- “Bacon, of course.”
- “Roasted Brussels sprouts are the bee's knees.”
- “Grilled salmon is great a little bit burnt.”
- “Basically just any kind of cooked vegetable is better off a little crispy.”
- “I love a slightly burnt grilled cheese.”
- “There is a place between burnt and finished where popcorn gets a heavenly taste and texture. I live for those pieces”
- “Lasagna. Just a little crunchy on top.”
- “My marshmallow must be up in flames at least three times before I eat it”
- Why did so many of us not know how delicious roasted Brussels sprouts are until we were adults? If we had been fed those as kids we might have actually eaten them!
- What foods do you prefer a little burnt?
- What have you found you actually like to eat, now that you’ve tweaked the way you cook it?