We all know that Ed Sheeran writes amazing songs for himself. But it turns out, he writes amazing songs for others too! A little digging finds the stealthy singer has lent his talent to numerous artists across all genres, ranging from country to K-Pop.
Here’s a list of songs Sheeran has writing credits on:
- “Underdog,” Alicia Keys – Sheeran is one of 6 writers credited on the 2020 track. The song ended up going platinum upon being released.
- “Tip of My Tongue,” Kenny Chesney – Sheeran is only one of three writers on this hit. It was released in 2019, ahead of the “Here and Now” album it was featured on and peaked at number 8 on the Billboard country chart.
- “The Rest of Our Life,” Tim McGraw and Faith Hill – This song has four writers and sticks out as having been written by Sheeran, along with his co-writer on many of his songs Amy Wadge. (The two have written a total of 9 songs together). This love song peaked at number two on the Billboard 200 list.
- “Still Learning,” Halsey – This song also has four writers, including Sheeran. The song was off Halsey’s 2020 album “Manic”.
- “Permission to Dance,” BTS – Sheeran’s name appears first out of four on this K-Pop hit’s writing credits. The song came out as a solo single in 2021 and was the group’s third English-language song. This mega hit topped the Billboard charts in the number one slot when it debuted.
Source: American Songwriter